Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm the man & he's the woman

No joke. I am sitting next to my loving husband, as he reads the Twilight books. That's right. I have not had those books in our apartment, I have never had any desire to read them. I don't like to read...especially when I have to read boring stuff for school. (I do like reading about Interior Design though.) I used to in high school, but I just can't sit and read anymore, I have a hard enough time reading the scriptures...forget novels.

This is not the only situation that we have role reversals. When we got married we joined our book collections. I had all the "Kate" books (by Cheri J. Crane) and a few of Anita Stansfield books. (Both LDS authors) Wouldn't you know it that now we have 2 of each and then some from Nicholas. Of course, everyone has heard of Jane Austen. Well, my husband has taken courses in college on her writings. He has a gold plated compilation, as well as each individual book. You might have guessed it already but, he has all the movies too.

Now, don't get me wrong, he loves Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. He's not all woman. But I love the softer side of my sweet Nicholas ;-D

A few of our attracting opposites:
I Like sports-- he doesn't (only gymnastics)
He likes all sorts of music-- I like the radio
I like building things-- he likes buying things
He loves shopping-- I don't
I love the sunny beach-- he loves an overcast one
He likes a fan on all the time (365 days) -- my eyes and skin drys out
I like to keep driving-- he asks for directions
He likes scary movies-- I don't
I like figuring out how to fix cars-- he doesn't
He likes to talk on the phone for HOURS-- I don't
I like to get my hands dirty-- he despises it
He likes to keep his clothes CLEAN-- I could care less about spots

BUT, we both love the outdoors, camping, swimming, family time, meeting new people, being with close friends, eating, traveling and of course our Baby Charlotte :-D

No comments: